2018 WWTLC Gathering Application
WWTLC welcomes your gathering application for 2018! It is with excitement that we place this application in your hands and welcome your gathering during the summer of 2018. When Michfest was over, we each received an acorn. Since that time, many of us have been working hard to plant those acorns around the world. We know that WWTLC is just one of the places to hold an acorn. Hundreds of women have contributed money, time and energy to be able to bring us back Home. We, as the WWTLC Board of Directors, have been preparing the space to gather the voices, bodies, laughter, movements and actions of women and girls together so we can look into each other's eyes once again. With this application, you join others as we embark upon a social justice project in this unique and wild venue. Producing a gathering on The Land is an investment in a much larger vision beyond each individual gathering. It is about hope, it is about healing, it is about politics and it is about our lives as forward-thinking women. With all our fierce love, let's rise again!
For women. For girls. Forever.
WWTLC Board of Directors
Application available - November 5
Application due date - December 5 or before
Notification of approval - starting December 14
Land open for Gatherings: June 26 through August 5 and August 13-19
Land open for Day visits only (no camping): August 6 - 12 (See Logistics section on page 4 of this application)
*If space is available, additional applications will be accepted up to April 1. Applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to first day of gathering.
** Application fee: $25 non-refundable. (If your gathering is accepted, the deposit will be credited toward your rental fee.) Checks should be made out to WWTLC and submitted by mail with a copy of your application confirmation (which you will receive by email) to the following address:
We Want the Land Coalition
P.O. Box 11
Arlington Heights, IL 60006-0011
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE: WWTLC must reach our fundraising goal of $400,000 by December 31, 2017 in order to host gatherings on The Land in 2018. We cannot support gatherings on The Land without funds to make our scheduled land payment in April, organizational staffing and basic accessibility improvements outlined in our Annual Autumn Appeal. Final announcement regarding gatherings in 2018 will take place no later than January 15, 2018. If we are unable to meet our fundraising goals, all deposits will be refunded at 100%.
For questions about the application process, please email email@example.com or make an appointment, via e-mail, for a phone conversation.
- Basic infrastructure: water, electricity, hot open-air showers, portable toilets (w/accessible toilet in every camping area), trash disposal and recycling, parking and volunteers to manage these basic provisions.
- Optional meal plan
- Gate security
- Accessible eating and gathering spaces including gathering tents, lighting, tables, and chairs
- Wheelchair accessible camping space: fully accessible portable toilets, accessible showers, electricity for medical needs
- Central charging station for electronics
- Ice, coffee and tea sales
- Rental fee with and without meal plan
- Basic first aid and emergency plan (medical staff will not be available)
- A calendar of all 2018 gatherings published on WWTLC website. (Private gatherings will be listed as "Private Event")
Gathering Producers Provide:
- Any and all programming
- Collection of participant fees and on time payment of rental deposits and fees
- Staff for attendee registration and liaison for women with disabilities.
- Scholarship and financial assistance
- Inclusion plans (WOC, young women, older women, low income women, parents, women with disabilities)
- ASL Interpreting and assistance for women with disabilities as needed
- Childcare plan, space and personnel (if you are providing childcare)
- Support and enforcement of all WWTLC Land Usage Guidelines provided with contract
- Primary communication with attendees
- Marketing/Promotion for own event
- A confirmed participant list (see Agreements on final page of application)
- Optional services that could be provided:
- Community sleeping and/or designated camping areas for substance-free, family camping, etc;
- Transportation assistance on The Land (i.e. shuttle service, load in and load out assistance, etc.)